This scholarship is named for Dean E. and Dorothy Keister Walker, two very influential people in the creation of Emmanuel Christian Seminary and the continuation of her programs. The scholarship recognizes candidates who show evidence of having the potential to make a significant impact in the world for Christ through the area of academia.
- The Walker Scholarship is awarded to outstanding candidates planning to continue on for a PhD.
- Newly enrolling Master of Arts in Religion (MAR) applicants are eligible to apply.
- Our most competitive and prestigious scholarship for the MAR program (1 scholarship awarded).
- Covers $315 per credit hour for up to $18,270 over the course of the student’s 58 credit hour degree program.
- Recipients should be degree-seeking candidates, enrolled full-time (9 hrs/semester), and must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.5 throughout their time at Emmanuel Christian Seminary in order to keep their scholarship.
- Apply by March 1.
- Award recipients will be notified in early April (those not receiving this scholarship remain eligible for other scholarships).
How Do I Apply?
- Complete the Application for Admission to Emmanuel Christian Seminary.
- Complete the Walker Scholarship Application.
- Provide Three Recommendations. If you are applying for admission while simultaneously applying for this scholarship, please submit three recommendation requests on your admissions application. If you have already applied for admission, please send your third reference the link above.
- Write an essay on the topic indicated on the Scholarship Application. Upload your essay at the bottom of the online application for the Walker Scholarship.
- Make sure that all of your required materials arrive at Emmanuel prior to the Walker Scholarship application deadline.