Looking for professional development or continuing education for you or your ministry staff?
The Certificate of Graduate Study in Christian Ministries is a 17-hour curriculum that provides foundational competencies and professional development for Christian ministry. The curriculum spans the seminary’s core learning areas and includes courses in pastoral, biblical, theological, and historical study.
The certificate offers:
- Accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- 8-week long online courses, one at a time, designed for those in full-time ministry or other employment
- Can be completed as soon as 18 months or spread out over several years
- Courses provide interaction with faculty and peers, not correspondence or go-it-alone
- Breadth of curriculum + flexibility in electives based on need
- Continuing education for church staff
- Courses can be applied to the Master of Arts in Christian Ministries (MACM) or other seminary degree programs for those considering a future degree
- Supplemental electives for those students who can come to campus for short 4-day residential intensives or whose prior course work supports more advanced study
- Eligible for select institutional scholarships
Get ready to change lives
The Courses & Schedule
The Certificate includes 6 courses (17 credits):
- 2 required courses – circled in green
- 2 of 5 ministry courses – circled in blue
- 1 of 2 theology courses – circled in red
- 1 of 2 church history courses – circled in yellow
- APPLICATION: Complete and submit your official application Online »
- APP FEE: Submit a non-refundable application fee of $30. Pay Online ath the end of the online application or send a check or money order to Milligan University, with the student’s name indicated on the memo line; mail to: ECS Admissions Office, PO Box 550, Milligan, TN 37682.
- TRANSCRIPT: Have an official transcript sent from each graduate and/or undergraduate institution you have attended.
- TWO REFERENCES: Request a reference from two different people, preferably a former college professor, current minister, employer or supervisor. You will request references from within the online application.
Students will need to meet the following technology requirements for their online courses:
- Broadband Connection: 256 kbps+ (Cable / DSL or better)
- A PC or Mac computer
- Microsoft Office 2010 or newer. Copies of Microsoft Windows 7 and 10, and Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013 and 2016 are available as a part of the technology fee through it.milligan.edu. If you are using a Mac, copies of Office for Mac 2011 and Office for Mac 2016 are also available.
USB MICROPHONE / HEADPHONE SET
ONE OF THE FOLLOWING OPERATING SYSTEMS:
- Windows 7 or newer
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or newer
ONE OF THE FOLLOWING BROWSERS:
- Internet Explorer 7 or newer
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or newer
- Chrome 5.0 or newer
- Safari 4.0.5 or newer
THE FOLLOWING MEDIA PLUGINS:
- The most recent versions of Adobe Reader and Adobe Flash Player (available for free download from adobe.com)